Thursday, April 21, 2011

Beauties and The Beast

And here we have two random snapshots from a day in the life of your humble corespondent, BB...

The first is of a familiar face around these parts.  We are not sure how it happened but Clyde got his whipper caught in a door or stepped on. Since I have ESCP (Extrasensory Canine Perception) I knew something was awry.  Well, anyone with half a brain knew what was up:  His tail was bent funny and tucked under his belly. Since I don't actually work while I am at work (shhhhhh), I had plenty of time to drive Clyde to the vet.  Normally placid and calm, this dog was singing a sad tune in the back of my car.

Look at the face in this picture and tell me that your heart did not just bleed out right on your keyboard? 

Oh, and "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN OR THOSE BAGS OF TRASH ON THE SEAT OF MY CAR.  I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ..."





Here he waits anxiously by the door.  The doctor is on her way.  Since he was all parts unruly in the waiting area, I was curious if he was going to be the good boy. He was. After being prescribed some canine percocet,  Clyde was back to his normal carcass loving self by close of business that day. 




Below is a photo taken from my rusty iPhone.  I apologize for the picture resolution. Me and a dear friend scored some tickets to the Mrs. America Pageant at The Greenbrier hosted by the lovely, ever gracious and never aging Florence Henderson.  Going to one of these events makes you realize just how sub-par your looks are.  Seriously.  A few of the contestants had children my age and thighs that could crack walnuts. But, oh to see the beautiful dresses, bedazzled costumes, updo's and make-up!  And who does not love that awkward and robotic Q & A session hmmm?  The potential for snarky commentary was almost overpowering.   

3 comments:

  1. Anncouncer asking the lady, "How would you help the world obtain world peace." She replies, "By making everyone sit down and have a big community dinner. :) "

    And the judges write down what they think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a right answer to me, Anth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, me, too. (And thrilled that Clyde thrives.)

    ReplyDelete